Pre-Paid Credit Card
A flexible, low-cost prepaid Visa Card
The BCD Credit Union Prepaid Card is a flexible, low-cost Visa Prepaid Card from Engage. The CredEcard provides:
- A Current Account
- Visa Debit Card
- No Unexpected Charges
- Cash Back Rewards
- Money Budget Tool
- Mobile App
- Online Discounts
What is a prepaid card?
A prepaid card is a pay-as-you-go payment card.
Cardholders ‘load’ money onto the card, which can then be used to buy goods and services, or withdraw from cash machines, in the same way as debit cards. Prepaid cards do not have an overdraft facility.
What are the benefits?
For cardholders, prepaid cards are a simple, safe alternative to carrying cash and a great way to shop online. They are also great budgeting tools, and – with the right card – are low cost.
How does it work?
- Load money onto the card in your credit union. Our uploads are at 10am and 2pm daily
- Use your card to withdraw cash or make purchases in shops or online, just like any Visa card
- Manage your card through your credit union, online, mobile app, by text or over the telephone
- Reload the card as many times as you like
What does it cost?
- A small one-off purchase cost
- Monthly fee costs £1.50 this allows unlimited loads throughout the month
- Purchases in shops and online are free*
- Cashback is free*
- Withdrawal from a cash machine costs 75p*
*These fees are for transactions in the UK.